allroofs.co.nz is edge protection equipped to comply with health and safety requirements.
allroofs.co.nz can assess the roof as per the following Roofing Association of New Zealand guidelines to determine whether roof replacement or restoration is advantageous.
The Roofing Association of New Zealand does not recommend restoration of roofs in or under the following conditions and advises full roof replacement:
- In severe cases of a roof pitted or eroded and, particularly if it has become extremely porous (absorbing water) through age.
- Any roof material type where the product is beyond its useful life.
- Metal tiles and/or long-run metal roofing with severe rust requiring significant costly repairs (if in fact repair is possible) to make the roof watertight e.g. the cost to carry out repairs proves to be uneconomical.
- The substrate (structure) of the roof is not ‘fit for purpose’ i.e. the substrate has deteriorated to such an extent it is no longer sound.
- If it is unlikely repairs and re-coating of the roof will increase the life of the roof beyond a further 5 years.
- If the cost to restore is uneconomical in comparison to the cost of replacement with a new roof.